Many law firms operate without using legal case management software, especially small and single proprietorships. This reluctance largely stems from a flawed belief that the cost of legal case management programs is prohibitive, along with a fear of using new technologies. As long as the old systems work, why fix them? The short answer is: Because you will be able to work more efficiently, expand your client base, and make more money if you invest in a high-quality legal case management software suite. Following are 6 benefits of legal case management software:
- Increased productivity enables greater profitability. When you invest in legal case management software, you’re make an investment for today as well as the future. More and more law firms are using case management programs because they streamline a myriad of functions, freeing up valuable time for marketing and client retention, and are easily adaptable to work with emerging technologies.
- Client satisfaction is critical for word-of-mouth referrals, online reviews, and law firm reputation. The right case management software prevents any client communications, deadlines, or tasks from falling through the cracks, ensuring that your client has a great experience every time.
- Protection against the loss of data. Losing critical data, including confidential information, spells disaster for a law firm. If you are dependent on paper documents, you could be left without easily retrievable backups. Case management software enables you to store and preserve information without worrying about misplacing paper documents and digital data stored only on hard drives.
- The ability to share information. Legal case management software makes it simple to share data with staff members and clients. The days of sending all documents via snail mail, express delivery services, and couriers are coming to an end!
- Centralization – Although you have worked tirelessly to create a management system that works well within your system, you’ll find it difficult to maintain peak efficiency when a critical staff member is away from the office or when you hire new personnel. The centralized systems offered by case management software enable everyone to upload and retrieve data from a single source, maximizing efficiency.
- Legal case management software is not as complex to use as you may think. Early case management programs were difficult to use. The software wasn’t nearly as customizable and user-friendly as it is today. The best legal case management software suites are designed to be simple enough so that both support staff and attorneys can use them effectively. The customizability built into the top programs make it easy for law firms to adapt the software to fit their specific needs. Additionally, the best case management vendors provide outstanding customer support and training to ensure that all users are adept at implementing the software.
While your tried and true methods for running your law office have worked well for you in the past, the benefits of legal case management software far exceed those of traditional case management processes. Greater flexibility, improved efficiency, centralized data sources, better information sharing, preservation of data, and customer satisfaction are just a few of the benefits of using legal case management software.